Rslinx single node with RSlogix 500

Cryogen

I have been using RSLinx lite so far and used the RSlogix 500 along with it. Recently I upgraded to RSlinx single node. I uninstalled the lite version as required for the RSlinx single node installation and did the activation for the new RSlinx. I can run RSlinx classic now and can see the SLC505 hooked up.

But when I try to open RSlogix 500, it comes up with an error saying "The copy protection license for the application cannot be acquired". I thought it would automatically recognize the new RSlinx.. Am I missing something here or did I get it totally wrong..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks!

YOu may have to reinstall rslogix to get it to recognize your new rslinx I've had a similar prob once before but it was a long time ago I believe that was what it took to fix the problem others here may have a better suggestion

Did you inadvertently move or blow away the RSLogix500 license? Run evmove.exe and see what you have as far as Rockwell Licenses. You should have at least two, one for RSLinx and one for RSLogix500.

mordred, thanks.. need to find the installation CD. Will let you know if I have any success after reinstalling..

OkiePC, I tried move activation but it quits after it opens saying "activation file not found"

Thanks..

Cryogen you should have activation for the RSlogix 500 & as well as for rslinx. both software has seperate activation file. check it is avaliable or not

Hi

I had a similar problem a few years ago with an older version of RSLogix500 and found a technote which suggested looking for a file in the root of the drive where the licence is installed for a file called "evicom.sys" and deleting it. It did the trick for me. make sure you can re-install your licences if anything goes wrong.

Regards
Keith

keithb said:
Hi

I had a similar problem a few years ago with an older version of RSLogix500 and found a technote which suggested looking for a file in the root of the drive where the licence is installed for a file called "evicom.sys" and deleting it. It did the trick for me. make sure you can re-install your licences if anything goes wrong.

Regards
Keith

There no Licences re-Installation you can move the licences form floppy to hard disk & back to floppy. if the file got correpted or lost or damaged you have to reactivate from rockwell site using only by the master disk

i m using rslinx. already LIC file was done in one system. i want to trnsfer to another PC. Plz tell me the procedure for this