S7-1500 to Simatic Net OPC server?

Pete.S.

I have a client that has a PC (win7) that runs the Simatic Net OPC server. To this OPC server there are several S7-300 CPUs connected from different vendors. The OPC server is setup using unspecified connections and direct addressing to these S7-300 systems (not using symbols). It all works fine.

However, now we are looking at connecting an S7-1500 system to this OPC server. Can this be done the same way as the S7-300 systems? Or do we have to approach it another way?

Thanks in advance for any input!

- Pete

You can do it in the same way, but it needs some special settings in the S7-1500.

You can only get access to not-optimized datablocks. If the block is not-optimized, you'll see the absolute addresses in the TIA portal project, and you can access DB1.DBD0 for example like in the S7-300 if DB1 is not-optimized.

And in the hardware configuration of the S7-1500 it's needed to enable Put/Get access.

The 1500 would need put/get access enabled under protections. The DBs your accessing would also need to be changed to standard access, from the default of optimized.

For optimized, symbolic comms, the 1500 needs to be in the project, as far as I know.