Compact logix and panel view plus 600 compatibility issue

ALT

Dear All,

I am struck with a compatibility issue of Panel view Plus 600 with Compactlogix PLC system.I have created an Application in Factory Talk Me and linked with Compact logic system, tested the Application creating runtime Application in my Laptop every thing is fine i am able to communicate the tags of compactlogix and get the data but the same Application i have downloaded into the Panel View Plus 600(fm 5.00.01.55) , the data from the compactlogix is not getting.Compactlogix system is having the AENT Module with Flex I/O modules and communication between compactlogix system with Panel View is Ethernet

I have tested the Panel View Plus 600 with Flex Logix system with some dummy application and found ok.Panel view is communicating with Flex Logix system without any issue.So with this tests its looking some compatibility issue with Compact logix system and panel view plus 600.The details of this configuration are
as follows

1)Compactlogix(1769-L23EQB1B)-software version V 17.2
2)Factory Talk Me
Release number: 5.00.00(CPR 9)
Patch/Pack number : 00
Build number : 55
3)Panel View Plus 600(2711P-T6C20A)
firmware :5.00.01.55(CPR 9)
4)AENT(1794-AENT/P)

So please suggest me for the solution for this compatibility issue.

I don't think there is any compatibility issue between the CompactLogix -L23 controller and a PV+600 with version 5 firmware. The CompactLogix works exactly the same on Ethernet as the ControlLogix and the FlexLogix.

Can you describe the error messages you get on the PV+ when you use it with CompactLogix ?

Did you remember to replace the Communications Configuration in the PV+ when you downloaded the Runtime file ? If the Shortcut in the PV+ does not point to the CompactLogix CPU then you won't get communications success.

I have not seen any specific message of error but general error of tag not found in server was showing.Yes i have enabled the replace communications in the downloading of the runtime file and also i have routed the compactlogix processor in the shortcut.everything looks ok but no data in the panel view please look into the firware rev mentioned in my post i am having little bit doubt on it.

Sometimes there is an inverse relationship between how subjective certainty and objective reality. George W. Bush taught me that.

You are correct that there is a version support issue with your PanelView Plus terminal.

You need firmware version 5.0.3 on your PanelView Plus to communicate with the new 1769-L2x line of CompactLogix controllers.

See RA Knowledgebase article number 55956.

Thanks a lot for clarification but i dont have Techconnect contract so request you to give me the link or 5.0.3 file to flash into panel view i am struck at site please help me

I forgot that PV+ firmware doesn't require TechConnect.

And for some reason the firewall on my site blocks ZIP, but not EXE !

Thanks for posting the link, jstolaruk.

Last edited:
I am not getting the exact file 5.0.3 in link given.Please can you send it and also will that be suitable to Factory talk Me mentioned in my above post.Please send me the file i am at site with limited net accessbility

Thanks for the information ihave followed the firmware upgradation produre and done the firmware upgrdation with RS linx enterprise not used the card everything was ok while upgradation and got the message in the laptop that upgrade completed and then i have seen the getting upgraded and struck with the message as "carefully press and breifly hold stylus on the target.repeat as the target moves around the screen "
and not getting out this screen after restart also i am struck badly please any body any help me out of this problem.

The "press and hold stylus on the target" message is part of the touchscreen calibration that you have to do on any new terminal or upgraded terminal.

There will be a cross-shaped target in the corner of the touchscreen: Do as the message says and touch it with a stylus or pen cap or other small, non-damaging point.

I am getting the same message after doing as instructed i am not coming out of that message .After restart aslo it is booting and getting the same message

Are you sure you are touching all the cursors and then touching the screen to accept the calibration ?

Was the touchscreen working correctly before you loaded the firmware ? This sounds like the screen is badly mis-calibrated.

Thanks a lot for your support. i have done it carefully touching the target and upgradation is complete and communicating with the compactlogix.

Again Thanks a lot

After sorting out of the compatibility issue everything is working fine but one small problem i am facing every time i restart the panel view it is asking for the calibration of the screen with "carefully press the screen on the target" it is little bit a problem to user to do that every time. please anybody can tell the setting for that to avoid that message after every restart.May be it is a small issue in setting but i am not getting that

Thanks in advance