2711p-t10c22a9p

For exposition: that PV+ terminal is fairly new, so if it's not in warranty it should be repairable by RA.

The part number calls out: PanelView Plus 7 Performance Terminal, Touch Screen,10 SVGA, TFT Color, Ethernet DLR, 100-240VAC , Windows CE OS License Pro, Performance Model

My understanding is that the PV+7 hardware is not modular like the older style were, so you can't buy just the touchscreen to do a field repair.

PV+7 Panelviews

For exposition: that PV+ terminal is fairly new, so if it's not in warranty it should be repairable by RA.

The part number calls out: PanelView Plus 7 Performance Terminal, Touch Screen,10 SVGA, TFT Color, Ethernet DLR, 100-240VAC , Windows CE OS License Pro, Performance Model

My understanding is that the PV+7 hardware is not modular like the older style were, so you can't buy just the touchscreen to do a field repair.

Thank you,
Excellent information.

Steve Bailey said:
Field repairable, or do you have to send it back to an authorized Rockwell repair facility? And what is the cost of the repair compared to the cost of a new unit?

Steve,

The field "repairable", usually more meaning "replaceable", and separate display module units, which we refer to as being "modular", were used up until the PanelView Plus 6 terminals. The displays used on the PanelView Plus 7 terminals are built-in and are not modular units, as Eddie has correctly understood to be the case. They are not field repairable or replaceable and must either be sent for repair/replacement or else replace the terminal itself.

1042545 - Replacement display module for PanelView Plus 7
Access Level: Everyone

While I would not have a quote for a repair of the display on a PanelView Plus 7 terminal, I do know from experience that it is considerably less to send non-modular older terminals, such as a PanelView Plus 600, for repair than the cost of a new terminal. But that may vary, depending on where one sends their products for repair.

We use a third party company, Lektronix, who are a "Rockwell Automation Business", but cover the repair of many manufacturers' equipment. They are globally represented and will provide you with a free quote for repair or replacement. They have access to Rockwell's global repository of products and have never let us down to date. We have in the past sent a particular serial number product for repair and for the quoted cost of that repair we have received a next to brand new refurbished product with a different serial number. Often in far better condition than the one that was sent. If they do replace your original product then they make sure that things like the Hardware Series and Firmware Revision match the original product or, if not, they will contact you prior to sending it to allow you decide if the difference is acceptable or not.

I do not recommend them lightly. They provide an exceptional service, in my opinion.

Regards,
George

2711p-t10c22d9p

Steve,

The field "repairable", usually more meaning "replaceable", and separate display module units, which we refer to as being "modular", were used up until the PanelView Plus 6 terminals. The displays used on the PanelView Plus 7 terminals are built-in and are not modular units, as Eddie has correctly understood to be the case. They are not field repairable or replaceable and must either be sent for repair/replacement or else replace the terminal itself.

1042545 - Replacement display module for PanelView Plus 7
Access Level: Everyone

While I would not have a quote for a repair of the display on a PanelView Plus 7 terminal, I do know from experience that it is considerably less to send non-modular older terminals, such as a PanelView Plus 600, for repair than the cost of a new terminal. But that may vary, depending on where one sends their products for repair.

We use a third party company, Lektronix, who are a "Rockwell Automation Business", but cover the repair of many manufacturers' equipment. They are globally represented and will provide you with a free quote for repair or replacement. They have access to Rockwell's global repository of products and have never let us down to date. We have in the past sent a particular serial number product for repair and for the quoted cost of that repair we have received a next to brand new refurbished product with a different serial number. Often in far better condition than the one that was sent. If they do replace your original product then they make sure that things like the Hardware Series and Firmware Revision match the original product or, if not, they will contact you prior to sending it to allow you decide if the difference is acceptable or not.

I do not recommend them lightly. They provide an exceptional service, in my opinion.

Regards,
George
Do they show the repair cost on the internet?

No. Repair quotes are emailed to you. Did you click the link in my post? You can search their site for available products to purchase, new or second hand, or you can request a quote for a repair of a specific piece of hardware that you provide them with the details of, such as the catalog number of your terminal and the currently experienced issue. If the cause of the issue is not very apparent then you can also send it to them for assessment and they will then send a quote to you for repair. This quote is still free of charge.

Note: Globally, not all of their offices provide both sales and repairs. Some only do sales. So I would search their site for your nearest offices and check the services provided before attempting to contact them, should you be considering doing so.

Regards,
George

No. Repair quotes are emailed to you. Did you click the link in my post? You can search their site for available products to purchase, new or second hand, or you can request a quote for a repair of a specific piece of hardware that you provide them with the details of, such as the catalog number of your terminal and the currently experienced issue. If the cause of the issue is not very apparent then you can also send it to them for assessment and they will then send a quote to you for repair. This quote is still free of charge.

Note: Globally, not all of their offices provide both sales and repairs. Some only do sales. So I would search their site for your nearest offices and check the services provided before attempting to contact them, should you be considering doing so.

Regards,
George
Excellent information.
Lektronix is a branch of RA.
RA usually has firm prices for repair.
Does RA show the repair prices on the internet?
Thank you.

No. You must similarly request a repair quotation from Rockwell Automation Industrial Repair Services.

If you browse to the above link and go to the "How May We Help You?" Red banner near the bottom of the page, which incidentally mentions Lektronix, you will see another link - "Get a Free Repair Quote". That will open yet another webpage where you will see a link at the top - "Free Repair Quote". This will, finally, open the "Repair Inquiry" webpage where you submit your details.

EDIT: I had forgotten to mention at the end that if you have direct contact with your local RA authorized distributor then you could request a repair quotation through those channels.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
2711p-t10c22d9p

No. You must similarly request a repair quotation from Rockwell Automation Industrial Repair Services.

If you browse to the above link and go to the "How May We Help You?" Red banner near the bottom of the page, which incidentally mentions Lektronix, you will see another link - "Get a Free Repair Quote". That will open yet another webpage where you will see a link at the top - "Free Repair Quote". This will, finally, open the "Repair Inquiry" webpage where you submit your details.

EDIT: I had forgotten to mention at the end that if you have direct contact with your local RA authorized distributor then you could request a repair quotation through those channels.

Regards,
George
Thank you.