Siemens WinCC Smart Service License nag

dahnuguy

I am using a TP177 HMI and a 313C PLC.

Step7 and WinCC flex 2007

I have the smart service license and I checked the first two tick boxes in the device settings screen of the HMI.

And I can go online with a browser using the HMI IP address or by using the command line "smartservice.exe your ip /5900" from the "run" command in windows XP.

All is very nice.

But the nag screen still pops up saying I don't have the license to use smart service!

I went through some difficulty with this before, but it was the other way around. Back then I was just trying to turn it off. Even after you uncheck all the selection boxes, the HMI still thinks you are using smart service if you have anything in the email address box under the alarm classes screen in WinCC!!!!!!!!!.

I must be doing something wrong with the license.

I transfered the license from the USB drive to the C: drive using the Automation License manager and I double checked that the license is actually there.

Still have the nag screen.

I tried every combination of checked services including just one at a time, I saved and downloaded and tried things that make no sense.

Any ideas?

This is probably real easy.

Found it.

never mind

used ALM to load license onto HMI.

https://a248.e.akamai.net/cache.aut...05215_FAQ/WinCC_flexible_Lizenzen_en_V1_2.pdf

ALM / Edit / Connect target system.......pick your HMI

pick your com method

connect to device.

right click license "transfer" to HMI.

Posted solution for when I forget what I did in the morning, and for anyone else who searches. I did not find this anywhere else here.

I guess it was easier for everyone else.