Can't go online with Melsec Medoc from Windows XP

jinal1481

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade Windows 1995 to Windows XP in our plant and tried to go online with Mitsubishi PLC. All I did was copied the whole Medoc folder from C drive of the old PC and paste into Windows XP. That folder has Medoc.exe (version 2.02 and all the offline files) Then when I tried to go online with Windows XP, the Medoc application shut down itself. I can browse and look at the offline files fine but I just can't go online. I checked the baud rate and everything and it is same as the old PC. Don't know whether its a licencing issue or it is some settings into Windows XP that I need to change.

Just to provide more info, I don't get any error message when I try to go online. As soon as I hit "F8" or "Alt + o" the Medoc application shuts down itself. I tried running version 2.02 as well as 2.30 but the issue is still there.
I don't know what else information to provide at this stage. but please let me know if you require anymore information.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I had a copy of Melsec Medoc once years back, and it was installed under windows 95 operating system as well. Win95 OS had a different Shell/DOS package, and it would not migrate to w2k at the time. No errors on installation, but would not run as required.

I had to keep an old PC around for software like Medoc.
The best bet would be to contact your software supplier and see if there is an applicable upgrade that is supported under WinXP.

The last suggestion is to operate your PC with software such as VMware, and install Win95 as an OS.

Hope that these options help!