Sending Messages from ControlLogix to AutomationDirect ViewMarq LED Display

Rob S.

I have been searching for some examples of sending messages from a ControlLogix PLC to a AutomationDirect ViewMarq LED Display. Would you have any links to any examples , and is it difficult ? I did some messaging with a Cognex camera system several years ago , and they had some great examples , but I have not found anything related to the ViewMarq.Thanks for your input.

Since you are going to use the display on a Logix platform, theoretically, you could connect the display to the CPU's Serial RS232 port and send ASCII commands and STRING data to the display.
In practice, it will be preferred to add a third party 1756 ASCII module to to the Logix Local chassis and control the display via Serial RS232 ASCII commands while displaying CPU originating STRING type data.
ProSoft's MVI56E-GSC is one of the best out there.
http://www.prosoft-technology.com/P...ic-ASCII-Serial-Enhanced-Communication-Module
There are examples within all RSL5K installed packages Rev.16 (this is my oldest install)or later.
C:/RSLogix 5000/Projects/Samples/ENU/V.x/Third Party Products/ProSoft.
There are also examples, Add-On Profiles, .EDS files, User Manuals, etc. within ProSoft's product web page.
http://www.prosoft-technology.com/P...ic-ASCII-Serial-Enhanced-Communication-Module