Rockwell 1756-ib32 v3.006 compatible with rs logix 5000 v10

namdoog07

Hi... I'm working on a project where we are modifying an existing system. We are adding a 1756-ib32 input card to a spare slot on a existing rack. As the card is brand new the version number is 3.006. The processor is at rs logix 5000 v10. I have added the input card to the hardware configuration and downloaded to the plc. When online it shows the new module in fault with the following error message: (code 16#0317) Connection request error. Connection not scheduled. Rs logix will only let me assign version 2.1 for the input card (this is what makes me think it isn't compatible) so I changed the setup to disable the electronic keying of the new input card but still no joy.

Hope this makes sense to some of you and any information would be appreciated!

Thanks

You should be using RSNetworx for ControlNet to setup any device on the ControlNet network.

In the main rack should be a 1756-CNB controlnet card, which when you look at the properties tab, there is an RSNetWorx tab, which should point to a configuration file (.xc), with which you can view and edit the devices on the network, of which your new module has become an addition that needs to be added to the config file...

So you will require a copy of RSNetworx for Controlnet..