Looking for advice on a oil tote on a Mettler-Toledo scale with Air Springs.

Good Morning ,

I am working on a system that will distribute oil to a mixer in pounds , using a Mettler-Toledo scale , to check the loss of weight for the correct
amount. When this 2000 lb tote , gets to a low level , I would like to use air springs to tilt the tote ( Not the scale ) forward to make sure we are getting
the most oil out of the tote.

Do you see any issues with 2 load cells getting the most of the weight ?
It will have a total of 4. The tote stand and air springs will be tared , and will only be looking at the weight of the tote.

Thanks so much for your advice.

As long as you're using a proper summing box, you shouldn't have any problems. That's what a summing box is for.

Of course, you will have to run all the common sense checks as well like "can two load cells handle that much weight on their own" and "will the scale still be free to move properly when it's so unbalanced" and so on. But as far as the electronics go, there should be no problem.

We just made a stand with a small tilt in it to set our 2500# totes on. Very simple to use and not complicated.