Trouble connecting to GE 90-30 with Proficy ME 9.5

KGAccIL

Good Afternoon,

I'm currently trying to upload a program from an old GE 90-30 CPU with a Windows 10 laptop that is running Proficy Machine Edition v9.5.

I'm able to successfully connect to the controller with my serial cable, but every time I try to upload the program the RUN light and the OK light on the power supply goes out. Luckily the PLC is still functional, as a simple power cycle restores it to its previous state, but further attempts to upload result in the same thing. Does anybody know why this is happening and how I can successfully upload the program from this device?

Some information regarding the controller:
CPU P/N: IC693CPU321K (embedded in 10-slot backplane)
Power supply: IC693PWR321
Input Modules (Slots 1-3,7): IC693MDL645
Output Modules (Slots 4-6): IC693MDL741

It looks like the CPU32K is a little too old for Proficy Machine Edition. Machine Edition requires CPU321 firmware version 4.40 or newer. Firmware version 4.40 corresponds to CPU321L. Your CPU321K is one firmware version too old.
Having said that, have you tried stopping the PLC before attempting the upload of the program from the PLC to PME? Having the RUN and OK LEDs both go out could be a symptom of a watchdog timeout. That's when program execution takes longer than 200 mS. The attempt to communicate with the software may be causing excessive scan time. It's a long shot but doesn't take long to check.

We have recently updated our Proficy to ME 9.5 and I am able to communicate to CPU CPE307 over Ethernet .

When I tried to go online with CPU363 /CPU 364 using 15 pin GE connector ,I am not able to go online with this latest version but if I use Proficy ME 8.5 ,I can go online with same Connector/cable .

Requesting your help.

We have recently updated our Proficy to ME 9.5 and I am able to communicate to CPU CPE307 over Ethernet .

When I tried to go online with CPU363 /CPU 364 using 15 pin GE connector ,I am not able to go online with this latest version but if I use Proficy ME 8.5 ,I can go online with same Connector/cable .

Requesting your help.

For your information, PME 9.5 SIM 17 had a bug that prevented serial connection from working properly. I had to downgrade to SIM 16 in order to get the serial connection to work properly. SIM 18 was suppose to fix the serial failure. I haven't tried SIM 18 yet, but with Emerson buying out the GE PLC product line it's been a bit of an issue downloading PME 9.5 SIMs.:mad: