Sysetm Configuration Fault GE

lcanada

Hey All,

Sorry if this was answered in a previous post but I could not find it. I have a GE IC200UDR164 controller and I keep having an issue I have not come across before. When I download my program to the controller I get a system configuration fault. Normally when this happens it is because I forgot to put the correct controller in the configuration and it is a mismatch. I am using PME 9.0. In the bottom right corner of my screen I can see that it says Hardware Config Equal and Logic Equal. I can clear the stop/fault and run my program with no problems. If the PLC ever gets powered off then it goes into stop/fault mode upon boot up and I have togo in and clear the configuration fault. Please relieve me of this misery. Either the wall or my head is gonna bust. o_O

Is the fault message in the feedback zone or are you reading it from the I/O or CPU fault tables? Is the system configured to read its configuration from flash memory on power-up? When it goes into fault on power-up, do you still show logic and configuration equal when you connect PME?

1. On download, in the feedback zone it says configuration faults exist.
It shows up in the CPU fault table as a system configuration mismatch.

2. It is configured to read from RAM, although I did try to read from flash.

3. Yes, when it is in stop/fault upon power up it shows that the logic and config are equal.

In the fault table, what is entered in the "location" column of the fault table?
Double check the part numbers of the CPU and any expansion modules to make sure they match what you entered in the hardware configuration. For example, entering an IC200UDR164 CPU in hardware configuration when you actually have an IC200UDD164. Since the number of I/O is the same for both models you can clear the mismatch fault and run your program but every time it does a self-check on power-up it detects the fault again.

My controller number matches. I have checked and double checked it. I selected IC200UDR064/164 and the physical number on my controller is IC200UDR164-DK.

Location is 0.0

The status of the fault is as follows:
Error: 34
Group: 11
Action: 3:Fatal
Task Num: 20

Last edited:
When you are online with the PLC, go to the "Status" window. You'll find it under the "Target" menu and then under "Online Commands. I think you can see the CPU model there as well as the firmware version. Instances of mislabeling have happened. If the firmware of the CPU is old enough, there may be incompatibilities between that and the version of PME. You can check for any incompatibilities in the "Important Product Information" section of the PME help files.
If possible post a screenshot of the fault table and a backup of your project file. I'll take a look to see if anything stands out.

Your hardware configuration shows that you are set up to load the logic and configuration from flash memory. It is possible that you have a corrupted configuration saved in flash that gets used every time you power up. Especially since you stated in post #3 that you were configured to read from RAM.
Have you tried storing to both RAM and flash when you download from the PC to the PLC since you started seeing this problem?

I tried with it set to load from RAM initially as that was the default. I then switched it to load from flash and had the same problem. I even cleared all the memory and started from scratch.

Did you try checking the actual CPU model using the "Show Status" icon in the target menu as I suggested in post #6? If you clear both RAM and flash memory, cycle power, and then upload the configuration from the PLC to the PC what do you get for configuration?

The actual model of the CPU is CP6401 and the firmware version is 4.03. The build is 4A2. I cleared all memory in the runtime and downloaded my project. It downloads the project and it shows me that my config is equal. During download however, I get a warning that configuration faults exist. I tried finding some documentation on what Firmware versions are supported by PME 9.0 but can not really seem to find anything. Thanks for all your help by the way.

There are check boxes to select whether or not you download or upload the ladder logic or the configuration. What I was driving at in my previous response was for you to clear all memory, cycle power, and then upload only the configuration to see if we can figure out what the PLC thinks it is by default. That's because when you download what you believe to be the correct hardware configuration, the PLC flags a mismatch. The "LOC" column entry of 0.0 in the fault table points to the CPU itself as the source of the mismatch. Is there any entry in the I/O fault table?
For firmware compatibility info, click "Help", then "Important Product Information", then select the "Supported Hardware" tab. That's the path for PME version 7.0, which is what I have installed on this computer. It may be a little different in version 9.0 since that version changed the user interface.

That is the same path on version 9.0. It shows to support Micro PlCs which is what this is. I did figure it out though. Sorry to lead you on this wild goose chase, but I finally got through to tech support and as soon as they made a suggestion I instantly knew what was wrong. For whatever reason this particular controller comes with Port 2 configured for ethernet by default. Even though it has no ethernet module installed. I changed the Port 2 config to None and the problem went away. Again, I am sorry for leading you down this path to nowhere and thanks for all your help.

Last edited: