Wonderware Intouch 7.1 & Windows XP Professional

lucifer

Hello there,

Can sombody please tell me that is it possible to run Intouch 7.1 on XP Professional without any error?

I tried it. The software does get installed but with problems in finding existing applications and creating new one. After overcoming those problems and progressing significantly in my project I have encountered a new problem.....Intouch doesn't go to runtime. After hitting the Runtime tab at windowcorner the window get compiled but again gets back to designtime and the Intouch stops responding.

The problem persisted after reinstallation also and to my surprise the problem was only with the application I was developing, though apparently there is nothing wrong in the application . Can anybody help me with this?

Regards,

lucifer

InTouch 7.1 is not supported on Windows XP.
Goto the WonderWare website and see the support matrix.

This is what I found on the Wonderware website

"Designed For Windows® XP" Certification
Wonderware's InTouch 9.0 software is also the first HMI to achieve the "Designed for Windows XP" certification , which includes rights to use the logo. The rigorous certification process assures users that software certified for the Windows XP operating system will work optimally with the new features.

Rudi

I had the same problem with v7.1, and ended up upgrading. Thought it was just one of those things (and we were due an upgrade) but looks like you've got the same trouble. Save yourself any more grief and update it.

*OFFICIALLY* it is no supported. However It does work with the exception you first mentioned (Application Finder).

I have not heard of the not getting into runtime problem. I would try the application on a Win2k machine to see if the problem presists.

It works...

Thank you guys for showing interest,

But as I mentioned I have already overcome the problem with finding & opening the application and I know it is not officialy supported on XP. And now I could mange to fix my posted problem too.

Here, if you are interested.....to deal with problem of 7.1 in finding application....

In Application Manager-> Tools-> Find Applications->"Direct the browser window to your applciation path" -> "Creat new folder by clicking New FolderButton on browser window"-> "Open that folder in brwser window"-> Click OK -> Go back/ UP -> Delete that "New Folder"-> Click OK-> An error will appear but after clicking OK on error dialog box Whola.......your application is there in Application Manager.

One other way is directing from the c: root directory

people may be having better ways....but believe me..it takes less time than even I need to type this.

Cheers.

Lucifer,

While you may have been able to overcome your issues, keep in mind that InTouch 7.1 is not SUPPORTED on XP, so if you have problems running like this, don't expect any help from the WW folks. Even if you own a Comp Support license, they are under no obligation to assist you with problems if you ignore their list of supported operating systems and products.

InTouch 7/7.1/7.11 can barely be forced to run on XP, but the results are definately not something I'd want to put out on a plant floor.

There are some serious stability issues, and XP doesn't handle the normal InTouch services (alarm manager, historical manager, et al) gracefully. Whether or not the services start is dependent on things as simple as how much time it takes to load them... Slow machines, slow hard drives actually work much better for that combination.

Either upgrade InTouch (Costly proposition...), or Downgrade the computers to 2000 Pro.

Intouch 7.0 and 7.1 are not compatible with XP.
Intouch 7.11 patch 6 is compatible on XP SP1 and SP2.

You can convert your application from 7.1 to 7.11, but you cannot convert a 7.11 to 7.1. So if you do, make a backup copy first.

Wonderware also has an XP configuration utility that you need to run. For the most part the configuration utility opens up XP’s firewall to allow Intouch to run properly.

Guest you might want to try -

485BUY394A845LICENSE354

Hope that helps

Last edited:
We've deployed 4 or 5 Intouch 7.1 apps on XP machines with no significant problems. You might need to re-enable the NetDDE service after upgrading to SP2 before WindowViewer will run, however.

Here's another way to get your application to appear in the list:

Use a text editor to modify the 'Applist.ini' file. This file is typically located under 'C:\Program Files\FactorySuite\InTouch'

The file format looks something like this:

[InTouch]
AppCount=1
App00000=c:\program files\factorysuite\intouch\demoapp1\1024

To add a new file to the list, update the AppCount line and add a new entry to the bottom of the file:

[InTouch]
AppCount=2
App00000=c:\program files\factorysuite\intouch\demoapp1\1024
App00001=c:\MyNewApp