AB Dataliner Software

I have a PDF copy of the Dataliner DL20 Offline Programming DOS Software User Manual, if that would help.

I guess,

If you just want to edit or add in new messages, just key in those using a standard keyboard [may be hard to one these days]

The manual says

Onboard Editor
The onboard editor lets you create or edit messages, select message
attributes, and set options and variable formats on a Version 2.00 or later
DL40 message display using any of a number of standard keyboards

Check out this link for full manual

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2706-um008_-en-p.pdf

Here is the link I mentioned in post#4. It seems to work offline but I have no idea if it works online or not. I had to extract it with WinRar, otherwise the file thinks it is password protected. I couldn't get the install to work on my WinXP computer so I just clicked on the DL40.exe file. These old DOS programs would rather be on a computer with Win98 or earlier.
Link:
http://www.software.rockwell.com/download/other/zip/dl40%20.zip

Edit:
I have pdf's of the DL40 and the DL40+ manuals but they are too large for me to post. Let me know if you need them and I will upload them to to a fileserver.

Last edited:
Running the DL40.exe file directly should work in XP with a real serial port. I haven't used the DL40 version in years, but still occasionally run the DL5 software with WinXP SP3, so I expect that these old dos utilities are unaffected by the serenumdotsys thing.

It may be sensitive to the path length, so stick to 8.3 naming and put it in a folder right on your C drive. This should also make it easier to save and open files, once you have them done.

Here is the link I mentioned in post#4. It seems to work offline but I have no idea if it works online or not. I had to extract it with WinRar, otherwise the file thinks it is password protected. I couldn't get the install to work on my WinXP computer so I just clicked on the DL40.exe file. These old DOS programs would rather be on a computer with Win98 or earlier.
Link:
http://www.software.rockwell.com/download/other/zip/dl40 .zip

Edit:
I have pdf's of the DL40 and the DL40+ manuals but they are too large for me to post. Let me know if you need them and I will upload them to to a fileserver.

Thanks for the link to the manual !
And thanks for the zipped file !
I too have the unzip password issue.
Where do you find winrar ?
Only sites I see are asking $40+ for it.