Saftey PLCs: Pilz PNOZ mm0p VS Banner SC26

I've worked with the Pilz modules often. An I find them quite easy to use.

They offer a range of communication cards to link them to other PLC's like rockwell, siemens, mitsubishi.

Have no experience with the Banner brand before.

I like the Pilz PNOZmulti and the software is easy to use. You can’t go wrong with a company that made the first safety relay.
They are incomplete and their customer service is absolute garbage. I had to work with their relays on existing equipment but would never pay money for any of their products.

PILZ are very good, used them a lot in Europe including involvement with a very large project with a mix of Siemens S7-400 and PILZ safety PLC's.

Never used the Banner project, so can't comment.

Again another +1 for Pilz.

We've used them in many projects, although we do usually prefer SICK FlexiSoft I would still happily use Pilz.

Software is easy to use, hardware is reliable, and their reputation as experts in safety speaks for itself.

Can't comment on the Banner. Don't think I've ever seen one down here.

Banner has some hardware that is misleading in its use.
For instance, we buy their optotouch with their anti-tie down relay. It wasn’t until the other day I read the spec sheet on the optotouch and it plainly stated that they were not safety devices. Then why sell it as a kit for anti-tie down??????? Maybe we just set it up to purchase it that way.
Future installs will be within ABB SafeBall and PNOZmulti or lesser.

I use a lot of Pilz stuff and have never had a problem (apart from their pricing strategy). Seen a little bit of Banner used here and there but never really had hands on experience with any safety logic devices from them, only safety input devices (e.g. light curtains).

I've used Banner's XS26 controllers and found them reliable and quite easy to program and to use. Of course, if you need a networked distributed safety system, this will not be the product to use.

Pilz is known to be the de-facto standard in the machine safety technology, but my little experience with them points to typical problems with many European products: high costs and very long lead times. So there.