Slideshow in PanelView Plus Terminal.

Waseem_Akhtar

Hello Every One,

I need your help to sort out a problem, i have few images(Ex. 5 No's) that i want to change automatically like a slideshow, i created 5 screens and change its name by 1,2,3,4,5 from the display property.
than i called same screen no's in replace display no(Display tab in global connection). All screen is changing(like a slide show) in a runtime but the problem is that all screens are changing with the interval of 1 seconds that i want to change it with 10sec or 15sec(its my choice).

This have to be happen without PLC logic.

How can i do that....????

PanelView Catalog no : 2711P-T12C4A8
Programming Software : FactoryTalk View ME.

Thanks in advance

If you want to display 5 different pictures (images) on a single screen (without referencing a PLC tag) you could use the visibility tab of each picture, and write a different expression for each picture based upon a system variable.

An example would be using the value of the system seconds to display an image..

But I don't know how you could change the screen:confused:

This task can be accomplished, but requires the use of 4 Global Macros and a Startup Macro for the Display Screen.
To Start, I created three Memory Tags; Time, Duration and Display. The Initial Values were set to this: Time = 0, Duration = 10 and Display = 1.

Whereas, Time = the pulse count, Duration = the display time of each slide and Display = the count of time duration cycles

These are the 4 Global Macros I created where Tag = Expression.

Macro1 > Time = 0
Macro2 > Time = Time +1
Macro3 > Display = Display +1
Macro4 > Display = 1

To trigger the Macros I used the following expressions.

Macro1 > Time = Duration
Macro2 > System\BlinkSlow
Macro3 > Time = Duration
Macro4 > (Display = 5) and (Time = Duration)

The Startup Macro used under Display Settings I named Slide _Start.

Slide_Start Macro > where Tag = Expression.
Time = 0
Display = 1

Sequence of events;
1. Under Display Settings \ Behavior Tab \ Startup Macro = Slide_Start

2. The System\BlinkSlow Tag will activate Macro2 which adds 1 to memory tag > Time.

3. When Time = Duration we run Macro1 and Macro3. Macro1 resets Time to zero and Macro3 adds one to Display.

4. When Time = Duration and Display = 5 Then we run Macro4 to reset display to 1.

also Macro1 runs when Time=Duration and resets Time to 0

I also created two Interlock pushbuttons to change my Duration Tag to 10 or 15. This allowed me to change Slide View time. I also used a Multi-State Indicator to display my images and thereby only used one display screen.

Last edited:
If you want to display 5 different pictures (images) on a single screen (without referencing a PLC tag) you could use the visibility tab of each picture, and write a different expression for each picture based upon a system variable.

An example would be using the value of the system seconds to display an image..

But I don't know how you could change the screen:confused:

Thanks foe Your Reply,

I tried this only First display is coming after that no display appearing on the screen.

Again Thanks,

This task can be accomplished, but requires the use of 4 Global Macros and a Startup Macro for the Display Screen.
To Start, I created three Memory Tags; Time, Duration and Display. The Initial Values were set to this: Time = 0, Duration = 10 and Display = 1.

Whereas, Time = the pulse count, Duration = the display time of each slide and Display = the count of time duration cycles

These are the 4 Global Macros I created where Tag = Expression.

Macro1 > Time = 0
Macro2 > Time = Time +1
Macro3 > Display = Display +1
Macro4 > Display = 1

To trigger the Macros I used the following expressions.

Macro1 > Time = Duration
Macro2 > System\BlinkSlow
Macro3 > Time = Duration
Macro4 > (Display = 5) and (Time = Duration)

The Startup Macro used under Display Settings I named Slide _Start.

Slide_Start Macro > where Tag = Expression.
Time = 0
Display = 1

Sequence of events;
1. Under Display Settings \ Behavior Tab \ Startup Macro = Slide_Start

2. The System\BlinkSlow Tag will activate Macro2 which adds 1 to memory tag > Time.

3. When Time = Duration we run Macro1 and Macro3. Macro1 resets Time to zero and Macro3 adds one to Display.

4. When Time = Duration and Display = 5 Then we run Macro4 to reset display to 1.

also Macro1 runs when Time=Duration and resets Time to 0

I also created two Interlock pushbuttons to change my Duration Tag to 10 or 15. This allowed me to change Slide View time. I also used a Multi-State Indicator to display my images and thereby only used one display screen.

Thank You Very Much For Reply,

But Im not understanding this expressions, i tried in macros but nothing came in my hand..:oops::oops::oops:

Thanks foe Your Reply,

I tried this only First display is coming after that no display appearing on the screen.

Again Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for replying, what we need to do next is find out where you are going wrong.

Did you write an "expression" - did you find the "visibility" tab that I mentioned?
Can you show us what you have done

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for replying, what we need to do next is find out where you are going wrong.

Did you write an "expression" - did you find the "visibility" tab that I mentioned?
Can you show us what you have done

Cheers
Ian

Thanks for reply...

In Visibility-> Expression tab
For first image -> (system/seconds => 0)and (system/seconds =< 10)

For second image -> (system/seconds => 11)and (system/seconds =< 20)

For third image -> (system/seconds => 21)and (system/seconds =< 30)
And so on for all six images..
But when times goes from seconds 55 56 57 58 59 0
Then 1st image will comes that will be visible for 10sec
After 10sec 2nd images has to come but only white screen will appear..
Plz correct me where I'm going wrong...

Thanks for reply...

In Visibility-> Expression tab
For first image -> (system/seconds => 0)and (system/seconds =< 10)

Plz correct me where I'm going wrong...

Hi,
My apologies for taking so long to reply..

Try this for your expression;

if(system\Second >= 0) AND (system\Second < 10) then 1 else 0
for the first image

and then
for the second image

if(system\Second >= 10) AND (system\Second < 20) then 1 else 0
etc

Did you notice any errors in the diagnostic list?
Also, you may need to change the tag update rate
Right click on the screen and go to display settings, from there change the tag update rate to less than one second.

Last edited:
Hi,
My apologies for taking so long to reply..

Try this for your expression;

if(system\Second >= 0) AND (system\Second < 10) then 1 else 0
for the first image

and then
for the second image

if(system\Second >= 10) AND (system\Second < 20) then 1 else 0
etc

Did you notice any errors in the diagnostic list?
Also, you may need to change the tag update rate
Right click on the screen and go to display settings, from there change the tag update rate to less than one second.

Woowwww its works,,,,
Thank u thank u very much sir...
One question please correct me. Why if then condition is required because already I have set the condition that if time is in between the pass Expression respectively, respective images has to consider Visibility animations...

Once again thanks..

One question please correct me. Why if then condition is required because already I have set the condition that if time is in between the pass Expression respectively, respective images has to consider Visibility animations...

Once again thanks..

I don't know why the then condition needs to be spelled out.

Only from experience, I have written expressions using the format IF --> THEN --> ELSE

Sometimes you can get away with just using a tag value..

However, what I did notice was that the syntax with the system\seconds tag was different in my post than your post.

When selecting the tag, I browsed to select it - to ensure that I had the syntax correct - and then I copied it to the post here

I don't know why the then condition needs to be spelled out.

Only from experience, I have written expressions using the format IF --> THEN --> ELSE

Sometimes you can get away with just using a tag value..

However, what I did notice was that the syntax with the system\seconds tag was different in my post than your post.

When selecting the tag, I browsed to select it - to ensure that I had the syntax correct - and then I copied it to the post here

Thank for ur valuable reply..
Don't mind the syntax because when I'm typing this post that time I'm not with system and was confused with the forward and backward slash. It sounds odd..:nodi::nodi:

Thanks again..