RSView 32 Tag Problems

peebs

Hello, I am currently developing an upgraded HMI package. Converting wonderware to RSView, I am having a problem with the tag database. When I try to add a new tag, that points to a device whether it be a byte or an I/O address, I am not able to add the tag but if the tag is just a memory tag it will allow me to add the tag. the lic i have is for 5000 tags and i am currently only using 1500 tags. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you need to create the node first for the i/o driver so you can select it when configuring the tag as an I/O, it's been some time now since I did it& I am assuming you are using lynx.

Peebs,

Are you opening the RSView Tag Database? If so, what happens when you click on "Edit, Insert Row"? Does a new blank row for a new tag then pop up? If not, you have a strange problem, if there are only 1500 tags in a 5000 tag version.

Would you by any chance be trying to type in a new tag on top of an old row? RSView will not let you do that. You must insert a new blank row, or go to the bottom of the tag database and use the blank last row for your new tag.

If there is no blank bottom row, then your database has more than the allowed 5000 limit. How can this be? Easy, the tags can be in hidden folders that do not show up unless you click the "+" on the folder in the tree menu on the left side of the main menu screen.

I would double-check your licensing (help/tag statistics) in case somehow it may have been corrupted or lost during an upgrade or software load. Memory tags do not count against the tag count so that sounds too much like a tag limit issue.