Program Last Edit Time

gwyklevrsi

Hello,

Is there a way to determine the time in which either the last online edit or full download to PLC has taken place in rslogix?

Best,
Gabriel

Not without either.....

1. Having code already in place to monitor Controller objects using GSV. There is an "AuditValue" which can be configured to update on certain changes to the controller. That's a cheap option.

2. Having, and using, FactoryTalk AssetCentre software. That's definitely not cheap....

Not sure about the download but the Controller Properties Window/ File tab has a Edited time stamp.

Which I'm sure could be got with a CIP Generic Message, if you only knew the Service code, class and attribute numbers....

Not without either.....

1. Having code already in place to monitor Controller objects using GSV. There is an "AuditValue" which can be configured to update on certain changes to the controller. That's a cheap option.

2. Having, and using, FactoryTalk AssetCentre software. That's definitely not cheap....

Option one here will work perfectly for the application, thank you for the help!

AuditValue was meant to work both with sophisticated validation management systems like AssetCentre, but is exposed to the user program via the GSV object so it can also be used by ordinary CYA "when was it edited" applications.

The object was released with RSLogix 5000 v20, so it's available both to L6x generation controllers and to all current and future controllers.