CQM1H-CPU21 Err/Alm Problem

goasolar

Hello Guys,

I have connected brand new CQM1H-CPU21 to the power supply PA203.
The power supply work ok. On the CPU the Err/Alm Red remains lit continuously indicating some Fatal Error, Run LED is OFF. How to diagnose the said problem. Can anyone help me? Is it possible to check by using CX-ONE?

Is it possible to check by using CX-ONE?
Of course - if you go online and check the error log it will be there.
Pretty basic stuff to be honest.

Yes Sir the cap was missing at the input/output end. Now the PLC is in RUN mode. Thank you.

Now the real problem I am facing with is the communication handshake between the PC and the PLC. Fllowing are the system/checks carried out.

1-OS Win7 pro, 32bit. and using Virtual PC XP Mode to run CX-one ver 2.01 (Cx one ver 2.01 does not operate in win 7. Hence I switch to xpmode. Here the Programmer and Designer intergration works normal)

2-Changed the setting of serial port COMM1 to 9600bps,7,E,2

3-Checked the cable connection on PC end RS232 and also on the RS232 CQM1H end. 2<>2, 3<>3, 5<>9, (4<>6 and 7<>8 PC), (4<>5 PLC end).

4-Checked all pin connection by contunity test, all ok

5-Connected the cable on the PC and the PLC, RUN mode green, Clicked Auto Online,selected COM1 port, again clicked online and then the search began and finally recived the message "Failed to connect to PLC"

6-Adjusted the DIP Swtich as follows
1-OFF
2-OFF
3-ON
4-OFF
5-ON
6-OFF
7-OFF
8-OFF

7- Once again started the PLC and checked online and receives the same failed message.

8-The COMM led on PLC remains OFF.

Please help if I have missed out anything to check.

Looks like the switches and cable are correct.
Does your computer have a "real" serial port, or are you using a USB to Serial adapter. If using an adapter, who is the manufacturer of the device?
Not all USB to Serial adapters seem to be compatible.

Thank you all. Sir I am using HP Laptop 6560b with real serial port and not serial/USB converter. I have seen your past support to other member showing the cable dwg connection which Bahobtti redirected me. Can I try it? ie pin no 7<>9PLC plus pin 5 of PC.

The cable should work properly with your computer.
Pin 5 on the computer side is the signal ground.
On the PLC side, you would only need pin 9 for a CQM1H.
This is a required connection.

The cable pinout is a "semi-universal" cable.
Pin 7 on the plc side was for the old CxxH (mini H) series product.

Hope this will help.

Yes Sir,- Beleive the experts and their experience. gtsupport yes I trusted your reply and for 3 conecutive days searched for solutions based on your reply. Yes "The cable should work properly with your computer". My the cable was indeed ok. Ultimately I connected the PLC and then in Device Manager, Driver section "Clicked Update this driver for this device" and lo. the communication started after switchng in Cx programmer-Auto Online. Wonderful Experience and now I will proceed further step. Thank gtsupport and all the experts for your guidance and advice.

Did you install the terminator cap on the cpu?
If not, you will have a I/O Bus error.
This will be listed in the Error Log.
Please i need help i have a cqm1h-cpu21 and my power led is on but my run is off and i have err/alm on. please i do not know about omron plc but i want to try this suggestion since it was running but later develop this error. where and how can i locate the terminator cap on the cpu?

Last edited:
hi every one
anyone can help me how can i found CX-ONE Ver 2.01 ?
i need it very very soon ....
thank you in advance