Factorytalk SE login

hamzkh

Hi everyone

I am trying to add security to my factorytalk SE application. I want a login screen to appear asking for ID and password when the application starts.

Also is it possible that if I try to make some changes e.g. change value in a numeric input, a pop up screen will occur for password. and value will only change if correct password is entered.

Thanks

P.S. I am using Allen-Bradley 1769-L32E CompactLogix Controller, RSlogix 5000 V.17

Not easy to do the popup with asking for Login and then accepting value. Much easier to just put a visibility on the numeric entry or a box behind it using the access level of the current login and have a separate place to login using a button to run the login command. SE with its whole client/server approach has made launching displays based on events cumbersome at best. Because events are server based and opening displays is client based. One of the worst features of SE, IMHO.

I usually create a base login in the USERS section of SE...Something like Username = Production and Password = Production. On launch of the application run a Startup macro within the CLI client configurator (Not the server startup macro), and in that macro do Login Production Production. That will set the initial login level on startup.