GroupSync Faults when DL program

MikeGuerard

Hi Guys,

Just looking for a bit of help understanding an issue on two of our newer machines:

Running AB 1756-L73S 5570's with V21
Motion Group is Kinetix 6000's with 2094 amps. (Sercos)

Each time we download a new change to the program, the motion group's "GroupSynced" bit drops out.

A power cycle to the PLC is required to get things aligned again.
No faults flashing on any of the Kinetix drives.

Within the logic, we use the GroupSynced bit as a permissive to enable the amp power, so this essentially pops up a slew of faults for all servos.

I'm not seeing much in the way of help from AB on the KnowledgeBase articles, except for #29240, that specifies V12/V13 of Logix.

Any insights?
Is there an easier recovery method than cracking an electrical cabinet to power cycle the PLC?

Thanks in advance.

Mike