PanelView Plus Alarm Screen

JeremyP123

I am having an issue where the alarm history on the HMI is zoomed way in. It is as if even though my font size is set to 6pt in factory talk ME the run-time/panelview is making it 12pt + and you can not see the full text of the alarm. I have the same screen for 2 HMIs and both have the same problem.

I have tried the following to remedy this problem:

- saved run-time to various versions (running 7.0 now due to customer requirement, used everything from 6.0~9.0)
- changed font size in the set up screen
- changed text to make it shorter
- checked/uncheck double line per alarm
- decreased the amount of headers being used
- checked/unchecked word wrap

Any ideas why this is happening?

What font type, size and options are you using? (ie. screen capture of the Alarm List general properties)

Most people don't know, and Rockwell doesn't make it easy to see, that the fonts in FTView Studio are NOT the same as the fonts on the PanelView Plus.

The fonts you see in FTView Studio come from Windows (XP, 7, 10).
But the fonts on the PVP come from Windows CE (or embedded compact).

Try creating a brand new alarm screen (for quick test) with a newly created Alarm List object; all default settings. See if that works.

What font type, size and options are you using? (ie. screen capture of the Alarm List general properties)

Most people don't know, and Rockwell doesn't make it easy to see, that the fonts in FTView Studio are NOT the same as the fonts on the PanelView Plus.

The fonts you see in FTView Studio come from Windows (XP, 7, 10).
But the fonts on the PVP come from Windows CE (or embedded compact).

Try creating a brand new alarm screen (for quick test) with a newly created Alarm List object; all default settings. See if that works.

+1

A little more light to shed, as I have ran into a similiar problem in the past:

Windows CE supports True Type Fonts (.ttf file extension) in the OS. If you design your application using a font that isn't loaded into the Panelview, then it will default to a font that is loaded, probably the system default (which according to the user manual is Tahoma). The size of the characters between what was designed and what actually displays isn't always 1 for 1. Check out this Rockwell PV UM, page 159 for more information on pre-installed fonts.