Is it possible to downgrade ME Macroten Version of an APA or MER

m_ryzebol

I have been working on a project where all the HMIs are windows based PCs running FTSV Station v8.2.

I have studio v8.2 and so did everyone else working on these files. One of the guys recently got a new laptop and did about 2 weeks of work using studio v9.0 and compiling as an v8.

The issue is that several of the screens use ME Macroten to run and all the files that he worked on now require Macroten v9.0 to use those specific screens.

I know that I can register v9 Macroten on the HMI terminals but this is not an option as the customer runs 8.2 in there entire facility and this line has to be compatible with the computers that their controls team have. There are too many terminals to upgrade them all.

I have tried in the past to downgrade the APA or the MER with no luck. Once someone with a newer version of macroten registered works on that file, it can only run if it has the same level or higher.

Does anyone know how to downgrade this file?

I have an archive from before this happened but it is about two weeks lost to go back to it.

Thanks!!

Mike

We use the ME Launcher activex and this bites us from time to time. The end user's software is newer than ours, even though they make the runtime for our version, it complains about the ME Launcher activex and fails to restore.

I usually take a VM snapshot, install the newer version, restore the MER, delete the activex objects, make a new runtime for our current version (older), revert snapshot, restore it again in our current version, add the activex back into the project.

Fun isn't it?

I sent this out to one of my co workers and they were able to get it working!!

Thanks so much for the info!

Saved us about two weeks of re-work.

Mike