Safety routine can not be edited

bornwild

Hey all,

I cannot edit the safety rotines in rslogix 500 1764 L43S compact logix. I am able to edit the standard routines but the safety task. The controller was safety locked . I have unlocked and now the status is safety unlock with signature. How can I edit the routines. Do I have the makes changed offline and download the program or there is any other way to do this . Please find the attache ments Kindly help.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Were you able to edit it in the past? What version of software do you have? I believe you must have the "full" version of Studio in order to edit the safety program. I had the problem a year or so ago and found it was because I did not have the right license for Studio. Once I pulled the right license from our server, I was good to go.

Were you able to edit it in the past? What version of software do you have? I believe you must have the "full" version of Studio in order to edit the safety program. I had the problem a year or so ago and found it was because I did not have the right license for Studio. Once I pulled the right license from our server, I was good to go.

No this is the first time i am trying to edit. It is the full version. I dont think license is the problem

You have to clear the safety signature to edit the program. This can be done online or offline.

Without the safety signature in place, Rockwell doesn't certify the safety performance of their equipment. As edits can be done online.

To re enable the safety signature the program must be downloaded to the controller. When online to the controller and it set to program mode, set the new signature and then switch to run.

Last edited:
I don't think you can edit safety programs while in Run mode. I believe you have to be in program mode

This is not correct - it's just that (as Rob says) you have to delete the safety signature first. After that, you can do online edits.

Of course, one would never, ever do this on a system in production. It is the sort of thing you only ever do for testing and commissioning, and then you switch to program mode, generate the safety signature, and away you go again as normal (y)

Once again I am indebted to the experience, knowledge, and those who have run into problems before me from this website!!! Thank you all. Ran into a pinch with a line down, and had to get up fast with a faulty safety door switch. Much appreciated!!!