Pvp help/ info

stu

Hi guys
I need some advice , I have a mixer using rs500 and a hmi and a silo delivery system with rs500 with a pvp ?
The plc are connected via Ethernet network I would like to use the silo tags on the mixer screen ? The IP address for the mixer is 192.168.1.100 and the silo is 192.168.0.20 I think I’m going to answer my own question?
Is I add the silo ip to the mixer pvp config screen could I access the tags ? Or does it have to have the same network address 1 not 0 ?
I think I need to be on the same ip range 192.168.**.20

Well,
I know when I have two computers with different subnet addresses (.1 versus .0) they can not communicate with each other. (Although a thing called a 'pix box' can translate the message traffic and route it to another subnet. I think a 'router' could be programmed to do the same thing.)

Is there a reason why the two PLC's have their addresses?
If not I'd be tempted to change them to, say, 192.168.15.address and let them talk to each other.
Poet.

Hi,

I am no expert, but what is your subnet mask?
If it is 255.255.xx.0, whereby the xx is not equal to 255, won't the PLC's talk Ok?

Hi,

I am no expert, but what is your subnet mask?
If it is 255.255.xx.0, whereby the xx is not equal to 255, won't the PLC's talk Ok?

Yes, as long as the .XXX part is an even number (in this particular case).
Ex. 255.255.254.0 should work.

You could also use a router (like Mad_Poet says) on the network to route traffic between 192.168.1.x and 192.168.0.x

The subnet mask is actually a bitmask. It defines what the network ID is (all the 1s) and what the device ID is (all the 0s).

FYI: This is what Microsoft says about subnets
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc958832.aspx

I think the bigger challenge is if the Panelview can have two plc shortcuts in the communication setup. I believe only certain models (maybe the extended feature ones) can have multiple shortcuts.
There was a recent thread regarding this so that may be of use as well