Multiple alarms/messages in Panelview

iansabey

Hello everyone,
I have to program a PanelView plus connected to a Compact Guardlogix controller. The client has specified that there should be an alarm history of up to 200 alarms. They also want messages triggered by the process and a history of these including timestamps.
The alarms I have working fine but I cannot see how to get the messages stored. I have created a list of Information Messages and can pop up an Information Message Display but it only shows the one message with no history. Previously I have used Siemens HMIs and created several alarm classes.

Using FactoryTalk View Studio 9.00.00

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.
Thanks
Ian.

Add your Information Messages to the Alarm File and a trigger for them. Use another Alarm List to display and use the filter option for each list. You will find the filter under the alarm tab at the bottom of the Alarm tab property page. Click the button to open your trigger view window and select the ones to view for each Alarm List.

Make sure you filter the [ALARM] banner pop up screen if used. That way your information messages want show there. Or you could just uncheck the Display box in the Alarm Message File. I would can change the color of the Second Alarm list to match the [INFORMATION] screen.

If you want a permanent record of messages then I would look at the ME_DataStorePlus object. You'll find it under Objects>Active X Control. This will create a .CSV file
but not display on the HMI.

The Down side to using a Second Alarm List is it will be subject to the History length that is setup under the Advanced Tab in Alarm Setup. So your Messages will be overwritten once that number is reached. The max store is 10,000

Thanks for your help. I'd almost got it but hadn't thought to uncheck the Display box in the Alarm Message File which was the key.