Enum_to_string

Hi!

Is it not possible to convert a Enumeration name to string?

I am currently working in B&R, and ST, but I cannot find a solution for any IEC 61131-3 language.

If it is not possible, why?
Is not the enumeration string-part downloaded to the PLC?

No, enumeration names are part of your enumeration type definition. What are you trying to achieve?

I think you're right that the string value is now transferred. Try opening a blank project and connecting to your PLC and adding the enumeration to the watch window. If the value shows up as the enumeration text, then they do now transfer the text to the PLC.

This is above and beyond norma already, but you MIGHT be able to get at that text if it exists. You can try the Sys_Lib library's variable services to see if you can extract the text value instead of just the numeric value. Look at PV_xList() and PV_xGetVal().

It's a longshot, once the enumeration is compiled (for any platform, not just B&R), it typically doesn't contain any string information. I think B&R started including it somehow for the watch windows not too terribly long ago, but it may be that you need the matching source code open and AutomationStudio is getting that string data instead of pulling it up from the PLC.