SIWAREX modules under S7-1500

Kevbo

I beat my head against the wall over this one...maybe someone will find this note and it will save them some time: (maybe it will be me when I have forgotten this tidbit!)

If you are trying to access the DRs of a SIWAREX module from a S7-1500, and following the manual, you will be very frustrated, because you will be unable to read or write any values to the module itself. (you can write to the DB all day long, but you have to use the command registers in order to move the values from/to the hardware)

The S7-1500 technology object for accessing the DRs of the SIWAREX CS and FTC modules (and maybe others, I only have experience with these two flavors) has a couple of changes (vs. other processors) to the command codes:

OLD command code----------------------New command code

203...230------------------------- 2003...2030 (read from DR03...DR30)
403...430--------------------------4003...4030 (write to DR03...DR30)
605---------------------------------7001 (Read DRs 03,04,09,15 & 30)
610---------------------------------7002 (write DRs 03,04,09,15 & 30)

This is CS specific, but I recall the FTC being very similar.

This is not in the SIWAREX manual. I have seen it in an obscure note for the FTC, (which I can't find now!) and in a FAQ for the CS titled "How can a SIWAREX CS be used with a S7-1500 CPU?"

Last edited: