DVT to SLC5/05 Ethernet data transfer

jbriley

Has anyone tried to transfer data from a DVT530 to a SLC5/05 over ethernet using the MSG command? I keep getting an error on my MSG block and cannot figure out why. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce Riley

Bruce,

I recently set up a Legend510 to communicate with a SLC5/03 over ethernet(using a 1761-NET-ENI) for product selection in the 510. Are you doing a read or write? What is the PLC register you're using as the source address and what address are you targeting? Post a little more info or email me and maybe I can help.

Jeff

fixed it

Jeff,

Thanks for replying. We were able to get it working this morning for a floating point value. I hope that we will be able to retrieve the barcode string next.

Thanks again,
Bruce