TI 550 Program Reading Advice

BPaquette

B
Have a client with a TI 550 controller that wants to troubleshoot it with a laptop. If my memory serves me right...I used a VPU 200 to talk to these controllers in the past. I am unsure if TI soft version 4 could communicate with this controller (some of the file names looked promising). I'm hopeing that someone can refresh my memory.....THANKS.

[email protected]

Greg

I think you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure Tisoft II won't communicate with a PM550 (I assume this is the controller the BPaquette refers to).

For the PM550 the only method of programming/debugging was either a handheld device (laugh, it was about the size of a small cash register), or the good old VPU200 or VPU210. Depending on the vintage of VPU it was possible to create a DOS format on the disks, hence you would be able to read the file names. Unfortunately, you won't be able to read the files with anything other than the VPU.

The danger is in assuming the 20+ year old 550 has anything to do with the still current 555. Is there any confusion here?

regards

Ken.