Citect SCADA Tag Import & Export

kavee30

HI,

I am having a tag list of 3000 tags in *.CSV file i want to import it in Citect 6.0
Can anyone tell me what is the procedure to do the same!!!!

Thanks

Kavitha

While configuring an IO device you get a screen about linking to an external tag database. Just tick this on, select the appropriate database type (in your case 'CSV Driver')and browse to the file.

Kind regards,

It is showing an error that unable to refresh tags and so operation failed.the CSV file is not in Citect format it is a file from Intouch SCADA so is there any other settings which i need to do

the same problem !!!

I'm using TWIDO plc with citect. When i want to create a device from "express i/o devices". It says "unable to refresh tags". I selected csv file but it doesnt work. Then i tried run time but my light symbol was pointed. (that means no communication) I guess it is because of symbol table settings. what i have to do ?
I'm waiting for ur help...
thanks...

If you have an existing list of tags just use excel to edit the relevant variable.dbf file for yuor Citect project

NOTE: You must use save_dbf.xls and its macros to save the file after editing otherwise the formatting will be wrong

Citect actually have an Excel add in to save the dbf files in th right format. I do not know if it is available for V6 but it is certainly available for V7. Contact Citect support.

Pre EXCELL 2007 you can use the "save_dbf.xls" which is in the Citect/bin directory.The macros inthis will NOT work with Excell 2007. Open this file first then open the relevant citect dbf file. when you have finished editing the dbf. Right mouse click and choose close and save dbf

Do a tag export from Citect, this will give you the format of the file. Now copy the data into each column. DO NOT CHANGE COLUMN WIDTHS. Now import back into Citect. Note this is much easier using OpenOffice as the column width is specified in the header for each column, so you are less likely to change the widths

Anyone found a solution yet to the save_dbf.xls and Excel2007? I counted on this functionality and now not working....

Cheers!

Citect released an AddInn some time ago for Excel 2007, contact your Citect to get hold of it or if you have a valid support agreement you can download it from the toolbox on Citect.com

My two cents. I used to use excel to edit the Citect DB gave me some issues. I started using Open Office a fer months ago a and it is much better.

trend to DBF file CITECT

Hi,
I need a help , i have 800 trend for 4 mounth and i want to export to DBF file , i know export to file but just 8 tags i most export more than 100 th !!! do you have better idea ?