Omron question (tim instruction)

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an older CQM1H-CPU21 with cs-programmer 4.0. I have a TIM instruction and I'm trying to lower the time.

The value for the timer is stored in memory (DM52). What is confusing me is that regardless of what I select for the value of DM52 it doesn't seem to change anything. Even BCD (which should be displayed as 4-bit binary for each digit of the number) are displayed as decimal numbers (such as 9) and this isn't making sense to me. I need to lower this timer value, and the help file didn't give me much information to go on either, only how the instruction works and where you can store the data.

Thanks guys.

Are you trying to change the value of DM52, or the timer setpoint?

To change the timer setpoint just use like #10, which is tenths of second, if i'm not wrong

Yes, I'm trying to change the setpoint (which is STORED in DM52), but I'm pretty confused about a couple specific things:

1. so this timer times in 10ths of a second?

2. I'm a bit confused by the data typing, it seems to be an unsigned BCD, so that means that if I view this data in binary that there are 4 possible character places and I can have a value of up to 9 in each place?

3. so if I wanted 3 seconds would I need a value of (in U_BCD) 0000 0000 0011 0000 ?

I'm just quite confused by the data typing and instruction "setpoint" in the omron software, I'm more of an AB guy.

Last edited:
If it is a normal TIM instruction is a 100ms precision timer.
The value you put in is UINT (unsigned integer).

Omron numbers data type is always a pain in the ..., but if you open the memory tab, you can switch between BCD and decimal visualization, so you can get a better idea of the value that is actually there.

Maybe one of the Omron gurus can help you better...

thanks, to reiterate it is worth noting I'm using a very old version of the software. I see no place I can change a point value. The value type is listed as u_bcd.

figured it out, thanks for the help

Last edited: