SLC 500 (1747-L40C) firmware

when you say the RJ45 port is bad, Does it show the processor in RS Linx at all.
I had this problem on an old SLC Brick once and I believe the program was loaded in an old AB 6200 file or something. It would show in linx's but not let me upload. There is a fix I would have to look up what it was.

Thanks,
Rslinks does not showing SLC.

when you say the RJ45 port is bad, Does it show the processor in RS Linx at all.
I had this problem on an old SLC Brick once and I believe the program was loaded in an old AB 6200 file or something. It would show in linx's but not let me upload. There is a fix I would have to look up what it was.
We have an old 1747-L40B SLC Brick that we'd like to upload & then upgrade. I can see it in RSLinx but I cannot upload. Could you please share the AB 6200 solution that roxusa referenced in this thread?

MJL_Automation said:
I can see it in RSLinx but I cannot upload. Could you please share the AB 6200 solution that roxusa referenced in this thread?

Its been a long time, but I think if the SLC was programed with the 6200 software you need the 6200 software to program it you can not use the RSLogix5

What software are you using?

We have an old 1747-L40B SLC Brick that we'd like to upload & then upgrade. I can see it in RSLinx but I cannot upload. Could you please share the AB 6200 solution that roxusa referenced in this thread?

I found a technote for:
Error Message: Decompiler Error Unknown Decompiler Error

It gives two workarounds. One is to use the AI software (DOS based) to perform the upload and the other solution has a too many steps to paraphrase, but allows you to upload the processor image and then save it as a *.ACH file that can be opened with RSLogix 500. Reading the tech note, there are optional steps for various comms interfaces, none of which are the 1747-UIC, although it might be worth a try using the steps they list for the old 1747-PIC.

Techconnect only:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/21960/loc/en_US

Wait, I overlooked a mention of the UIC, and there's a link to a technote just for that:

I dont think the UIC will work since its DOS based, DOS has issues with USB's

Is the AI software (DOS based) software same as the 6200 or was the 6200 for the early PLC2?

Either way I think your going to need to write a new program

I dont think the UIC will work since its DOS based, DOS has issues with USB's

Is the AI software (DOS based) software same as the 6200 or was the 6200 for the early PLC2?

Either way I think your going to need to write a new program

I suspect that Rockwell borrowed from the AI software and made the upload utility work with windows. It does use RSLinx and there are instructions.

The real question is for MJL_Automation was that really the cause of his issue? If so, I think he has a way out. If it is some other cause, then you're probably right.

No luck

I loaded the upload utility software from the Rockwell knowledgebase article on an old Windows 2000 laptop with RSLinx 2.40.1 version. I am using the 1747-PIC cable. RSWHO on the DOS utility sees the SLC500 as "500 40" but this flashes in and out on the list. The upload fails with NETWORK_STAT_ERR of 16 description "illegal command or format DIAG:16/5010". COM port looks OK from Device Manager.
Wondering if the "AI SLC500" software is what I really need or do I need to be on Windows XP?