PLC heartbeat to Factory Talk View SE

hasan_ali

Hi,
I would like to develop watchdog between Factory talk view SE and Control Logix such that Factory Talk View SE should set a bit and PLC should reset. If there would be a comms loss between PLC and Factory Talk View, HMI should show PLC failed.

You don't need to develop a connection monitor yourself; just use the @IsPresent pre-defined Item in RSLinx Enterprise. If you also need to monitor the operation mode of the controller, use the @Mode item.

As Ken said, you can use the @IsPresent on the HMI side. If you need an alarm on the PLC side (for e.g: a buzzer), refer to technote 34183 that helps you setup a hearbeat.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I have a task at work that I'm hoping someone will be able to help me find a solution for. Here is the background info: I have a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to monitor Wonderware historian's heartbeat and trigger a fault if Historian is not communicating /offline in PLC. Currently my...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if anyone knew a way to go about creating a heartbeat between a PLC and an iFix HMI screen so that you can see when the PLC is out...
Replies
Views
Hello, I created a heartbeat in RSlogix 500, just a bit that toggles on and off every 3 seconds. How can I monitor the heartbeat using Vijeo...
Replies
Views
Good Day, We are stuck in a serious issue, please see below for details and give your valuable feedback. - There are two PLCs running on site...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom