Compact Flash on L65 processor

40mpg

Hello all,

I have ControlLogix L65 processor and I have a CompactFlash card with a program on it. The Program attributes indicates it is for an L61 Processor. As such, RSLogix5000 will not let me restore the program to the controller and I do not have an L61 processor laying around.

Question: How do I pull the program off the CompactFlash card and load it into RsLogix 5000 in order to change the processor type of the program?

The CompactFlash stores an image file that contains the firmware and the user program, rather than the *.ACD file (which is actually a compressed archive of many files, which 7Zip can read).

Do you have a CF reader you can get the image off the card with ? I have a 1756-L61 and could put the image on a CF, load it, then upload if the program is v19 or v20.

The CompactFlash stores an image file that contains the firmware and the user program, rather than the *.ACD file (which is actually a compressed archive of many files, which 7Zip can read).

Do you have a CF reader you can get the image off the card with ? I have a 1756-L61 and could put the image on a CF, load it, then upload if the program is v19 or v20.

Thank you Ken for the offer, I will go grab a CF reader, as I cannot send this program out, else the spooky men will put me in a dark cell and throw away the keys!

I think you will find that the image can't be "decompiled" back into an RSLogix 5000 project, or loaded into a different model of controller.

If your local A-B office can't loan you a 1756-L61, I can lend one for the cost of shipping.