FTV SE Not Displaying UINT Properly

AMarks95

I have a UDT with multiple elements that all show on the display perfectly using direct reference.

For example I have the following instance on a PLC with shortcut "[PLC]"

Customer_Data[0].Name = 'Dave' (STRING)
Customer_Data[0].ID = 1234 (DINT)
Customer_Data[0].Location = 0 (BOOL)
Customer_Data[0].Type = 3 (UINT)

When I reference the customer information for display in a text object like so:

{[PLC]Customer_Data[0].Name}
{[PLC]Customer_Data[0].ID}
{[PLC]Customer_Data[0].Location}
{[PLC]Customer_Data[0].Type}

Name, ID, and Location all show up correctly. However, I get an error message that "{[PLC]Customer_Data[0].Type}" is unresolved on the device.

Has anybody else run into this?

I generally found that FTV doens't like USINT, UINT, and UDINT.
I came across the same thing with another program where I thought I'd use a UINT and FTV didn't even like using the bit level of the UINT.

If you dont really need the UINT i would consider changing it to a INT or DINT, or moving the UINT into a different INT of DINT the HMI would display.

This does not surprise me, UINT's were added relatively recently and are only supported in the 5380/5580 controller platforms.

It appears, that support for these data types for FactoryTalk was added in v12 and FTSP 6.20. So you may have to upgrade and/or patch to be able to properly use them in FTV. KB: BF27545 discusses this.