ML 1400 software

affanqamar

hi

i was using micrologix 1000 but now its obselete. i have arranged micrologix 1400 as a replacement but now it also needs a software upgrade.

so can some body share a link to get RS logix 500 version 8.1 for ML 1400.

thanking in anticipation.

Another option is to switch from a 1400 to an 1100 and use the free RSLogix Micro Starter Lite.

The 1100 has been discontinued though, so you would probably have to find a used one on the after market, and then you will eventually end up in the same situation you are in with the 1000.

The Micro8xx line of PLCs, or even another brand (Siemens S7-1200/1500, Automation Direct, Omron, etc) would be other alternatives; the basic level CCW software for the Micro8xx and for some of the others are also free.

Last edited:
The 9324-rlm0100ene is the full version that can program 1400's and only cost about 150.00 last time I checked
That sounds remarkably like a reasonable price.

Are you sure this is a Rockwell product? Or did you accidentally leave off a zero before the decimal point?

That sounds remarkably like a reasonable price.

Are you sure this is a Rockwell product? Or did you accidentally leave off a zero before the decimal point?

LOL.... I think every once in awhile they through us a bone, if you search on one of their 'authorized' distributors websites it shows the list price of $179.86 / EA

https://www.cbtcompany.com/9324rlm0100ene-ab

Price is correct, but current inflation pushed it up to $180.

@affanqamar, what current version are you using? are you licensed for that?

Yes. RSLogix Micro Developer is just like RSLogix 500 Standard but won't program SLCs. It is around $800. RSLogix Micro Starter is the cheap one that will only program Micrologix PLCs but the main things it does not support are (in the order I most care about):

online editing
data table usage view
trends
advanced diagnostics
cdm (custom data monitor)
cross reference

Both versions support all Micrologix families, it is the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite that used to be free (maybe still is?) that only supports the 1000 and 1100.

We have installed the developer versions on many customer machines who only have Micrologix and the license is node locked and permanent. You can't put the license on a server and check it out like you can with RSLogix 500 Standard where you can get a concurrent (floating) license.

Last edited: