Kinetix 6000 Multi Axis issues?

posborne

Hi everyone,

1st time posting so please be patient with me. I have been having an issue with a Kinetix 6000 Multi Axis drive system in my plant. Intermittently could be a week could be a couple of hours all the six of the motion axis would go down (looking like an E-Stop) upon reset all axis drive go to zero and drives all show 4 on the displays but axis is ready but won't run.

When connecting the motion group looks to be in fault and the only fault bit that is active is MOTION_GROUP.AxisFault.3. From what I believe this has to do with drive sync's but all drive show 4 and won't reset. I have checked and replaced the fiber cables but every time I think we have fixed the issue it will run for a week then go down again. Sometime it will come back up on power cycles other time only if it sits for a few hours. Then it will run for days.

Any ideas?

May not be your issue, but something to think about. We also have machines utilizing several Kinetix 6000's in their motion groups. All was good and then at some point we started getting random axis faults. Long story short, turned out the maintenance guys replaced an enclosure A/C unit that was 3 phase with one that is single phase 120. They wired it to the drive's control power source. Once I separated it to its own source, our faults went away and all has been good since.

Thank you for the reply, perhaps I should give the power connections another look and make certain everything is installed correctly. I did have maintenance tighten TB's last PM but they didn't get to do them all.

The switch of a small load from 3-phase to 1-phase in the same cabinet might have caused enough phase-to-phase imbalance to cause problems with a Kinetix 6000 incoming power. But in general it will indicate that kind of problem with a fault related to the ripple on the DC Bus, rather than simply phasing up on SERCOS and refusing to start motion.

The AxisFault attribute is decoded by a bitmap, not a hex or decimal value.

0 = PhysicalAxisFault
1 = ModuleFault
2 = ConfigurationFault
3 = GroupFault
4 = MotionFault
5 = GuardFault
6 = InitializationFault
7 = APRFault
8…31 = Reserved

So if AxisFault.3 = 1, then it's a Group Fault.

What firmware revision are you running on the CPU, and the SERCOS module ?

Is the IAM part of your motion Group ? I found a note relating E37 and single-phase loss with the IAM not being part of the motion group.

Intermittent and infrequent faults are SO frustrating; you have my sympathy.