You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old November 29th, 2018, 07:38 AM   #1
Evirua
Canada

PvP7 stuck on boot screen

The screen stayed the same overnight. I've tried cutting off the power and turning it back on, it just gets back to this screen and freezes on it.

This issue first happened when I downloaded an .mer (ME v10) onto the panelview. Basically the same program it was running, except I'd altered the file path of the CSV Export Setup by taking out the double quotation marks. Not sure how this could affect that.

Anyone went through something similar?

Last edited by Evirua; November 29th, 2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old November 29th, 2018, 08:00 AM   #2
Frosty
Ireland

Hi,

You could try factory resetting it, if you plug in a USB keyboard and cycle the power to the PVP. when it restarts a white square will be displayed on the bottom right corner of the screen press it to open the boot/maintenance screen or press F1 on the keyboard to display it also.
Then reload the application.
Old November 29th, 2018, 08:25 AM   #3
KuulKuum
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evirua View Post
Basically the same program it was running, except I'd altered the file path of the CSV Export Setup by taking out the double quotation marks. Not sure how this could affect that.
The PanelView's Boot Loader is probably attempting a connection with a USB device. The CSV Export you changed, was the export going to a USB flash drive? Also, I believe the double quotes are needed if you have any (spaces) in your file path or file name.

One option you can try is make a boot loader USB flash drive and startup the panelview that way. Here is a link to Shawn Tierney site that should walk you through the process.
https://theautomationblog.com/how-to...anelview-plus/
Old November 29th, 2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Evirua
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuulKuum View Post
The PanelView's Boot Loader is probably attempting a connection with a USB device. The CSV Export you changed, was the export going to a USB flash drive? Also, I believe the double quotes are needed if you have any (spaces) in your file path or file name.

One option you can try is make a boot loader USB flash drive and startup the panelview that way. Here is a link to Shawn Tierney site that should walk you through the process.
https://theautomationblog.com/how-to...anelview-plus/
I was simply exporting to My Documents (In the Panelview's OS), no USB. Thanks for the tutorial, I wasn't aware that was possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Hi,

You could try factory resetting it, if you plug in a USB keyboard and cycle the power to the PVP. when it restarts a white square will be displayed on the bottom right corner of the screen press it to open the boot/maintenance screen or press F1 on the keyboard to display it also.
Then reload the application.
I was about to do a factory reset; Plugged in an USB keyboard, cycled power to the panelview, and it booted up successfully before I could hit F1 or press the corner square. I still have no idea what caused the problem and what solved it.

If the problem re-occurs, I guess I'll just go through with the factory reset.

Last edited by Evirua; November 29th, 2018 at 01:52 PM.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum