How do you describe what you do for a living?

...lazy people were the ones to think of ways to do things easier, faster, cheaper, etc.

Isn't this a Bill Gates quote - I will always give a lazy person a difficult job, because they'll find an easy way to do it.

KISS.
Easy <> Simple, so im not sure that that is a good move.
From what i've heard the Windows operating system is a molten mess of spaghetti code.

I used to do more machine automation and now do more process automation. So I usually respond as "Process Automation & Controls Engineer".
Usually, they don't ask too many questions beyond that. My father often told me, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, blind them with bull$h1t."

I'm also in charge of p***ing off everyone.

I reconnect alarms, stop operators from using shortcuts, make the operators take all the steps they are supposed to take, etc.

A shop I was working at was getting a QS/ISO audit and I was asked to see my job policies and procedures to get audited - I said there wasn't one business in the world had that had written policies on P.O'ing the rest of the employees.