Pylogix update – adapter module

dmroeder

Lifetime Supporting Member
If anyone is interested, I have an experimental branch on github that adds an “adapter” module to pylogix, which will allow you to interface to a Generic Ethernet module in the I/O tree. Since it is experimental, it is subject to change. I do know that that there will eventually be some fundamental changes to be able to support the Ethernet Bridge.

I personally don’t have much use for the adapter but a number of people have expressed interest, it seemed like a good new challenge. My typical usage for pylogix doesn’t involve having an active data exchange like this, I’m usually just reading some tags, saving the data, or doing the reverse.

Anyway, if you use it, feel free to give feedback. There are examples in the example directory, with L5X exports.

https://github.com/dmroeder/pylogix/tree/experimental