Redundent OPC servers to an OPC client

Ibot26

Hello,

I am trying to connect kepServerEx v5 in parallel with RSLinx Classic lite but kepserver will not connect to the PLC if RSLinx is active and vis versa. Can you have more than one OPC server connected to a plc (L62)?

Does RSLinx classic lite have an OPC tag limit?

Thank you

Last edited:
You can have as many OPC server as you want talking to PLC. Widelto is right, RSLinx lite will not act as an OPC server but that's beside the point. I don't see how RSLinx would conflict with kepware even if you have a paid version of RSLinx working as an OPC server.

You have to put in much more detail; what do you it will not "connect". Screenshots will help.

Are Kepware and RSLinx on the same node? This could create a conflict.

Check available CIP connections in the PLC, either server connected may be running you out of available connections.

FYI - RSLinx licensing parameters:

RSLinx Lite - not licensed for OPC server features

RSLinx Single Node - allows one LOCAL OPC client, connecting to one device. Client must connect using OPC in-process (IN-PROC) mode. No other OPC clients will be able to connect.

RSLinx OEM or PRO – allows one LOCAL OPC client to connect to multiple devices. Also must be IN-PROC. No other OPC clients will be able to connect.

RSLinx Gateway – allows multiple local or remote OPC clients to connect to multiple devices. Client must use out-of-process (out-of-proc) connection

I forget, vnpmoose is right. An OPC might take out a "connection" and there are only so many of those available on a Logix PLC.