Guardmaster Lock

Gadelric

Wizards,

A little something out of the norm,
I have a LoTo station that someone built for training purposes.
It never got completed and the box they mounted to house the entry request push buttons is not big enough to mount contactors.
Space is a bit of an issue, and I dont want to have to purchase a bigger box if I dont have too.

I do not need to monitor the status of the lock, the only purpose of this for production training for when an operator needs to access a robot cell.
Being that it is a safety device, they tend to get angry when you dont follow all the safety rules.

Any advice would be appreciated.

manual to the device in question:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/440g-in016_-en-p.pdf

If this device wont support what the intended outcome was, I may be able to find a dumber model in the bone yard that just locks and unlocks.

Gad

What is it not doing?

To achieve the advertised SIL 3 safety level the output needs to go through two contactors/relays in series with a feedback loop to the controller.

Here's an example from The Google:
uhask9los2n61.jpg
uhask9los2n61.jpg
uhask9los2n61.jpg

Thank you for the quick reply, sorry it took so long to get back with you, seems everything wants to blow up at the same time.

I went back over the wiring that was done and removed the OSSD 1 and 2 outputs, held the OSSD 1 and 2 inputs high, and ran the reset to a push button so to test it out.

After power cycling the lock a few times, It was deduced that the LED light is not functional, could be why this one was chosen for the "Training Station".
After we shut the line down, and things got quiet, I was able to hear the lock release when I held the push button down.
Everything seemed to be working but the slide wouldn't open, it was mechanically bound up when they installed the slide.

After beating it into submission, the lock responds correctly, except for the LED indicator.
I am not monitoring the status of the lock, so the OSSD 1 and 2 have been left disconnected.

Now that this works, they found another half done project they need to me cuss at... wish me luck and enjoy yalls weekend.

Gad