Help wanted...email using rs5000

L23Sides

Hello, I'm struggling with getting an email to send using an eweb module on a controllogix system. Any chance I could get someone here to help?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Is this a system you're trying to set up for the first time, or has it been running and stopped working ?

Please provide as much detail and context as you can, including if possible some of the configuration information in the MSG instructions for sending the Email and the strings they send to the -EWEB.

GMail is notoriously difficult to use with clients that aren't logged into a Google service or otherwise well-authenticated. And for good reason: GMail would surely be the biggest spam server in the galaxy if it were easy to automate.

My understanding is that the "HELO/EHLO argument" is the sender identity (generally the FROM user/domain) in the e-mail message, which GMail rejects if it's empty.

GMAIL SMTP server does not allow access with authentic action. You need to use local SMTP server on your network.

Gmail has also updated it's security and "Normal" SMTP email programs can no longer send or receive.

I use Thunderbird and had to delete my gmail account in it and set it up new as an IMAP account using Google.com login.

EDIT: I also used to use free mail.com email addresses, but they recently changed to only their app can access free email addresses, to use Thunderbird or Windows Mail (or a PLC) you have to up to a paid subscription.

Last edited: