ENI - Inview message display configuration

Daggi

Hi everybody:

I am trying to set up an ENI for an Inview message board, so I can get the message board onto my factory Ethernet. I need to trigger message on the Inview by sending messages from an SLC 5/05.

I used the ENI utility to download my ENI settings:
- deselected BootNP
- assigned IP address and subnet mask
- seleted 9600 as RS232 baud rate
- message routing: seleted destination 1 and assigned IP for my SLC 5/05 which will communicate with the ENI/Inview)
- utility settings: selected COMM 1 and baud rate 9600)

The download of these setting worked okay once I made sure that RSLinx was shut-down. However, when I later connected my computer to the Ethernet network by plugging into a hub and configured my Ethernet driver including the ENI, RSLinx could sometimes see the ENI for a little bit and then it lost it again.
I was asked to download RSLinx evrsion 2.41 to get rid of this problem, however, after installing the new software, I completely 'lost' the ENI.
RSLinx shows the IP address of the ENI now with a red cross.
I can still ping the ENI, but cannot see it in RSWho.
The PLC program running on the SLC 5/05 show in the message windows, that the PLC tried to send a message, however, an error occured (timed-out).

Can anybody help me with this problem? how do I get the ENI working in RSLinx?

Any help is appreciated.

Daggi :confused: