AB 1769 l32E compact flash download

mike nz

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I am having a problem with flash download to a new compact logix PLC. I got on line to the new PLC using a serial cable. RSlinx could see the processor and backplne OK. I could not download the program unless I upgraded the processor compact flash firmware.
I downloaded version 16.21. It downloaded most of the file but at the end said the processor was in the wrong state and faulted the download. RSlinx no longer recognises the processor. It sees it but displays it as a question mark. I have tried downloading a previos version of firmware but It will no longer work. My version of RSlogix 5000 is version 15.02 This may be a problem as it is not the same version as the firmware.
Is there a way to set processor firmware to defaults and start again

mike nz said:
Hi
I am having a problem with flash download to a new compact logix PLC. I got on line to the new PLC using a serial cable. RSlinx could see the processor and backplne OK. I could not download the program unless I upgraded the processor compact flash firmware.
I downloaded version 16.21. It downloaded most of the file but at the end said the processor was in the wrong state and faulted the download. RSlinx no longer recognises the processor. It sees it but displays it as a question mark. I have tried downloading a previos version of firmware but It will no longer work. My version of RSlogix 5000 is version 15.02 This may be a problem as it is not the same version as the firmware.
Is there a way to set processor firmware to defaults and start again
EDIT:The CPU must be in "Rem" position when performing a flash upgrade.
I'd Recommend that you download firmware fromt the Rockwell site (15.x) and try to flash the PLC again.
Only this time, use ethernet.
Using serial will take forever.
As long as Linx picks up the CPU you'll be fine (even with the question marks displayed).
Just make sure you go through the entire "flash" process and don't stop or disconnect while flashing. Your CPU may become useless.
And form what I know there's no way to "load default" firmware as the CPUs ship with bare minimum as default (Ver1.x or so).

Thanks for the help.
I found that the processor reverted back to version 1.15.1 when i turned power off and removed the battery. I have now succesfully downloaded ver 13.xx firmware.