Factory Talk View Studio Machine Edition install

PLBoudette

I'm trying to install Factory Talk View Studio Machine Edition on our laptop at work. Our OS on the laptop is Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3. When I try to install the software, it says I need Windows XP Professional. I have a Windows XP Professional CD with volume licenses. However, it won't let me upgrade to professional because I am running service pack 3 and the CD is only regular Windows XP Pro. I need to upgrade and keep all the programs and files on the laptop. Is there a simple way to upgrade using the CD I have? Or if I uninstall all of the service packs, will I be able to upgrade then? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

FactoryTalk View Machine Edition

• FactoryTalk View Studio and FactoryTalk View Machine Edition Station software for Windows XP and Windows 2000.
    • Personal computer running the Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional SP1 or Windows® 2000 Professional SP4 or later operating system
    • Minimum 300 MHz Intel® Pentium® II processor
    • Minimum 128 MB of RAM
    • Minimum 100 MB of permanent storage