About install Premium Studio 2009

EarL.Yu

Hi all,

I download four DVD images named:
PS2009_1
PS2009_2
PS2009_3
PS2009_4

I can not setup the Premium Studio 2009 in my computer.Is there someone have installed it?

Thanks in advance!

Put these images on separate dvd's. Just the content of the folders, not under a folder.
PS has a specific way it calls programs from the main dvd.

Unpack ISO to harddisk C:\PS2009\CD_1 .... C:\PS2009\CD_4
PS2009 ReadMe.rtf said:
If you want to install Premium Studio 2009 from a local drive, be sure to use the following directories when copying the DVDs:
For DVD 1: <Drive letter>\<folder>\CD_1\
For DVD 2: <Drive letter>\<folder>\CD_2\
For DVD 3: <Drive letter>\<folder>\CD_3\
For DVD 4: <Drive letter>\<folder>\CD_4\

They changed the format of PS2009 from previous. With 2009 I had issues where it wanted to install things I didn't want, there was no way to turn things off. (With 2008 the user had total control of what was installed.) For example, PS2009 contains an older version of Starter and it angered me that it would install it, then I'd have to uninstall it before putting on the latest version.

I contacted the hotline and after they went to Germany I was told that yes, it had changed and No, you don't have control of these things. I resolved it on my own - You can browse the contents and install specific things. Of course this completely defeats the purpose of Premium Studio, right?

The hotline also said PS2009 was the last of it, there were no plans to go forward with this product.

They changed the format of PS2009 from previous. With 2009 I had issues where it wanted to install things I didn't want, there was no way to turn things off. (With 2008 the user had total control of what was installed.) For example, PS2009 contains an older version of Starter and it angered me that it would install it, then I'd have to uninstall it before putting on the latest version.

I contacted the hotline and after they went to Germany I was told that yes, it had changed and No, you don't have control of these things. I resolved it on my own - You can browse the contents and install specific things. Of course this completely defeats the purpose of Premium Studio, right?

The hotline also said PS2009 was the last of it, there were no plans to go forward with this product.

Since DriveES contains Starter- why did you select it and not just get DriveES 5. SP4 ??

No- it doesnt defeat the purpose because did you notice that you didnt have to reboot after component install???
This package is a huge time saver

Last edited:
I think we are saying the same thing. I absolutley agree the package is a huge time saver. It used to take me three days to set up a PC from scratch - three days on just Siemens software installations. There were tricks about what to install first, etc. With Premium Studio 2008 that was cut to 3 hours.

Where I ran into a problem was with PS 2009 where it defaults to software selections that cannot be turned off. After PS 2009 finished I had to uninstall Starter before I could put on the latest version. This happened to me on a laptop that already had Siemens products installed, it might be different on a virgin PC.

Saparov - that is good news!