IDEC FA 3S and CLIP Help

Andrew_W

Good Afternoon,

So we are doing some upgrades to a older water plant which is currently using a old Idec FA3S Processor which is programmed via the old CLIP program, I have the old Program and Clip on a floppy drive and need to access the ladder diagrams, now the problem is when CLIP starts to run it looks for the program on the C drive when I need to look on the A drive, Unfortunately I don't have access to the help file and have not been able to figure out how to change the location its looking in. Anyone have any pointers?

Andrew

I looked at my version of CLIP and saw no way in the help files to re-direct the drives. I would suggest you make a folder named CLIP in the root directory C:\ drive, then copy everything on the floppies to that folder. I also use SLOWDOS to run the program since it is a very old piece of software, designed to run on older computers. By the way, WindLDR will program this PLC and is Windows based.

Last edited:
IDEC FA3S RUN problem

Hello everyone,
I have PLC IDEC FA-3SCP12 driving SYNTHESIS PNC machine. PLC is in problem state, not showing any of signal lamps. Power supply is correct and PLC on backplan gets regular voltages. It has Memory pack 4K EEPROM. I have uploaded program in WindLDR succesfully, but cant set PLC to RUN state.
Please help with more instruction.

I use a 32 bit machine. There are some others on here that may have a way to run SlowDOS on a 64 bit machine, so maybe someone else can answer that question. If I were you I would start a new thread with SlowDOS in the title or subject bar.

I was just curious. Hopefully I won't need it again. I only have 1 machine in the plant with a FA1jr and I'm going to change it out soon. I have the ladder from it in PDF form.