FT View ME gfx error

eeuler35thss

I have a few apps that I imported from a runtime file using the .med import, since it has the version 5.1 only having the never allow conversion issue. When i try to open a display in Studio I get the following error.

Graphics: Unable to open a ME Runtime Application graphics file C:\{file location}.gfx

I tried both the runtime .med import and the 7-zip import method and both methods don't import the graphics files correctly. Anyone know how to get around this issue?

Have you tried add component method. If you right click on Displays in the Explorer window you should see add component into application. Then navigate the GFX folder in any project and select .gfx you need

I have tried that. It comes up with the same error during the import. I can import any other gfx file except the ones from the 5.1 runtime. It also comes up with a DMM(9:1) Migration error

Last edited:
Have you exported the graphic file and tried using notepad or a XML editor to open. Maybe if you compare with one that works you may see the difference and be able to modified the never allow conversion. This is just a guess but maybe worth a try.

edit: you right click on the .gfx and use open with.

I have read both of those a while back. The Knowledgebase is if the flag is not already set, and without a techconnect contract Rockwell wont help in removing the flag. Seems odd you need a contract, since this is a glitch in the software.