Cincinnati Milacron 725G MDL Program

cnrservices

I have a customer with a Cincinnati Milacron 725G (G=grinder) in a machine they purchased, came with a dead battery & no program in memory.

After 4 weeks they finally got the correct programming software from Siemens (ProgramWare ver 4.23, with the needed .MDL file)

Has anyone every sucessfully connected to & downloaded a file to this type of controller? I have spent 2 days trying, with repeated calls to Siemens and Cincinnati - with the end result of confusion at all 3 ends.

If I play with the COM setttings i can connect & MAYBEE start the download process - but between 2% to 30% complete the communication faults and to reconnect I have to reboot the controller & reset my Com port settings.

There are many jumpers on the board, but Cincinnati has no pinout or board map of what which jumper settings do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

I use Programware 4.23 to connect to an A950 control and have to use an RS232 to RS422 convertor between the laptop and the control. I'm assuming you are going to nned to do the same thing. Without the convertor I was coming up with errors that sounded similar to yours. If you are still working with this machine and need any more info LMK. Doc

I work in a company that has several brand injection machines cincinnati, I am interested in purchasing the software programware v4.23, someone could tell me where to buy it?
I have time and are browsing the net and can not find it.

Thank you.

running pware in a dosbox

hi! i have successfully ran pware 4.23 in a dos box on a windows xp machine. i am looking to simply the process due to the Milacron 750 battery constantly dying. we need other shifts to be able to do it. does anybody have any information on using the dos shell to load binaries to the board? thanks in advance you can get ahold of me through my email [email protected]

Hello:

I have a problem with an injection Machine model VT-165-13 from Cincinnati-Milacron. I need a copy of MCL program, the MCL program version is 303793.92A I have a programware V4.23 and the programing wire. I have other copies of MCL programs for VTA300 and VH500 buts this versions ar not compatible with VTA 165. The control is COMAC VEL release 1.2.

Thanks in advace

Last edited:
I have a customer with a Cincinnati Milacron 725G (G=grinder) in a machine they purchased, came with a dead battery & no program in memory.

After 4 weeks they finally got the correct programming software from Siemens (ProgramWare ver 4.23, with the needed .MDL file)

Has anyone every sucessfully connected to & downloaded a file to this type of controller? I have spent 2 days trying, with repeated calls to Siemens and Cincinnati - with the end result of confusion at all 3 ends.

If I play with the COM setttings i can connect & MAYBEE start the download process - but between 2% to 30% complete the communication faults and to reconnect I have to reboot the controller & reset my Com port settings.

There are many jumpers on the board, but Cincinnati has no pinout or board map of what which jumper settings do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Depending on the computer you are running PWARE on, you will get these timeouts. The only tried and tested method I know of, is to ensure you have a 486 based processor laptop/desktop, as the computer you are running PWARE from. Our Cinci tech carries an extra laptop just for this purpose. Having said this, I do believe that with the right configuration in a program like dosBox, this could be successfully emulated.

Hello:

I have a problem with an injection Machine model VT-165-13 from Cincinnati-Milacron. I need a copy of MCL program, the MCL program version is 303793.92A I have a programware V4.23 and the programing wire. I have other copies of MCL programs for VTA300 and VH500 buts this versions ar not compatible with VTA 165. The control is COMAC VEL release 1.2.

Thanks in advace

Is it against rules to ask someone to email me a copy of ProgramWare? I work for a mom & pop operation that cannot afford the fee to have a Cincinnati Milacron field tech come out and re-flash our machine. We have the MCL. We just need to find a copy of P-Ware (ProgramWare) to load the MCL..